Friday, December 08, 2006




Willie Nelson - Crazy: The Demo Sessions (1961)


Living proof that there is nothing more truly cool than doing your own thing. I have previously expressed my love and admiration for Willie amongst my earliest posts, as evidenced by my inclusion of my favorite album of his (possibly favorite album of any genre) 'The Red Headed Stranger'. I enjoy the idea of just sitting around listening to a genius pluck his guitar while finding ideas for songs and these laid back demos of Willie's area bout as close as I will ever get, sadly. Of course, for most, the highlight of this set would be 'Crazy' a song that was a hit for Patsy Cline (and one that many people never knew Willie wrote) but I appreciate the entire disc and hope you will as well. I saw him in concert this year and cannot truly express how awesome and experience it was, even with his age and years on the road, that the man has lost none of his prowess. We should all be so lucky. Let's also give a big round of applause for at the wonderful priorities of law enforcement in the good ole U.S of A. when they can discover that Willie has a whole bunch of herb on his bus but they can't make a dent in other much more pertinent issues concerning our safety. Bravo, gentlemen, bravo indeed. So roll one up and smoke it for Willie - have one for DaddyRich.


1. Opportunity To Cry - (previously unreleased)
2. Three Days
3. Undo The Right
4. What Do You Think Of Her Now - (previously unreleased)
5. I've Just Destroyed The World
6. Permanently Lonely - (previously unreleased)
7. Are You Sure - (previously unreleased)
8. Darkness On The Face Of The Earth - (previously unreleased)
9. Things To Remember
10. Moment Isn't Very Long, A
11. Crazy
12. Local Memory, The - (previously unreleased)
13. I Gotta Get Drunk
14. Something To Think About - (previously unreleased)
15. I'm Still Here - (previously unreleased)
16. (untitled) - (hidden track)

link in comments

8 comments:

Daddy Rich said...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/u2cue

Tbag said...

Thanks for the Willie.

nffcnnr said...

Link no worky now. Thanks for your efforts anyway.

Anonymous said...

Very nice share, but yes the link has been killed :(

Daddy Rich said...

Will get the link up this week again for you.
Rich

Anonymous said...

Eagerly awaiting a fresh link on this one. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

Any possibility of reposting this excellent collection of early Willie? I searched high and low, but to no avail. Thanks no matter what.

-nuthercog-

Unknown said...

Ahwww man wish i would of been on top of that one!
Don't blame me i voted for Willie!!!