Wednesday, December 06, 2006
The Velvet Underground - 4/25/66 At Scepter Studios, Norman Dolph acetate
I can never truly say enough about the cool cats at SFRP who share the best of the best along with the rarest of the rare. It is a privilege to be a prt of such a community that embodies the music-sharing ideal and I am eternally grateful. All that aside this here is the post I referred to earlier today and apparently many people already have d/l it, but this is for the few who haven't. Great stuff and not likely to be purchased by anyone who doesn't have deep deep pockets ( I believe the auction at eBay was over $25,000 a few days ago). So please sit back and enjoy the beginning sounds from the legendary Velvet. 'Heroin' and 'I'm Waiting For The Man' - sheer heaven over here at DaddyRich's desk...
"This acetate, which is possibly the only surviving copy, represents the first Velvet Underground album as Andy Warhol intended it to be released. " - SFRP
1) European Son 9:03 (Diff Take)
2) Black Angel's Death 3:18 (Diff Mix)
3) All Tomorrow's Parties 5:56 (Diff Mix)
4) I'll Be Your Mirror 2:11 (Diff Mix)
5) Heroin 6:16 (Diff Take)
6) Femme Fatale 2:36 (Diff Mix)
7) Venus In Furs 4:39 (Diff Take)
8) I'm Waiting For The Man 4:14 (Diff Take)
9) Run Run Run 4:23 (Diff Mix)
link in comments - New Link Added - Get It While It's Hot!!!