Friday, December 22, 2006




H.R. Pufnstuf



Let's all give a big thanks and a visit to Vinnie Rattolle's great blog, where DaddyRich found this a few weeks back. There have been some compilations with shady quality released before but his dvd rip is the best I have heard so far. I don't know if his links are still active but I know a lot of folks here have expressed frustration with MegaUpload and I feel their pain. So I have them uploaded to Rapidshare and send my sincerest thanks to Vinnie. I was very young when these shows were on but they made an enormous impression upon me that lasts to this day. I don't what they were smoking when the idea for this came to their minds but I applaud their creativity. The good thing is, they made a career out of using their wacked-out imaginations, right? All of this seems so crazy now, but as a very young child I had no problem with a boy having a talking flute named Freddie and talking trees, clouds, rocks and such. If you weren't there folks - the 1970's was a strange time for us all, kids and adults alike. One of the best parts of their many shows was always the music, and although I was a bit more partial to Sigmund The Seamonster as a kid - the music was always on-point. So, everyone give kudos to Vinnie for his hard work for our entertainment.


01. H.R. Pufnstuf Opening Theme - The Pufnstufs
02. Back Home - Jack Wild
03. The Prisoners Have Escaped (Instrumental)
04. How Lucky I Am - Jack Wild
05. Let's Hear It for The Boyds - The Boyds
06. Pronouns - Jack Wild
07. Oranges, Schmoranges - Billie Hayes
08. Mechanical Boy - Jack Wild
09. End of the Road - Jack Wild
10. Birthday Party (Instrumental)
11. Witchipoo Watches (Instrumental)
12. The Day We Gave Wishes Away - Jack Wild & Cast
13. Ice Cold Lemonade - Billie Hayes
14. Beautiful Song - Shirley Pufnstuf & Jack Wild
15. Stand-In (Instr)
16. Moonwalk - Judy Frog
17. The Loneliest Witch in Town - Billie Hayes
18. The Moment That I Saw Your Face - Jack Wild
19. Pufnstuf for Mayor - Jack Wild
20. Witchipoo for Mayor - Jack Wild
21. H.R. Pufnstuf (instrumental)
22. H.R. Pufnstuf Closing Theme - The Boyds



Link in comments

Visit Vinnie

http://vinnierattolle.blogspot.com/2006/12/what-stuf-were-they-pufn.html

5 comments:

Daddy Rich said...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/y22nrd

Tbag said...

That takes me back. Thanks.

Vinnie Rattolle said...

Funny how these files take on a life of their own. I can't tell you how many times I've downloaded "Mechanical Boy" hoping that it was the CD version, only to find it was a truly awful rip from VHS... that's why I pulled out the DVDs and tried to make a decent collection of rips. Maybe these ones will replace the horrible ones that are circulating.

Last check (a few days ago) all of my downloads were working. I personally haven't had any problems with, or complaints about, MegaUpload. Links don't get killed there as quickly as at RapidShare (and you don't have to wait 80 minutes between downloads), which is why I use it.

And thanks for all your great downloads too, daddyrich!

Anonymous said...

Many many thanks for posting this material. I bought the original 7" H. R. Pufnstuf single, with (believe it!) 10 of these songs on it in 1969. I was a HUGE Jack Wild fan and had to own everything he did. I've loved these songs for decades - long after my worn out 7" ceased to be playable. I am grateful beyond words to have this music again!
stormyhawn

Anonymous said...

Please to upload again, mama. U are A #1.