Wednesday, December 06, 2006




Public Enemy - Beats & Places

Of course, as a devotee of 2nd wave hip-hop (as well as first...) I was down with Public Enemy from the get-go. My friends and I purchased the 12" for "You're Gonna Get Yours" (with the greatly missed b-side of the 'Terminator X Getaway Dub that I can not find anywhere anymore, damnit) for our record collective when it hit the racks at Alvin's Music Center in San Berdoo way back in the day. Although they eventually put out the 2nd greatest hip-hop album ever ("It Takes A Nation Of Millions...") they kind of fell of to me when all the drama with Griff came about and they seemed to resent that a major portion of their record buyers were suburban white boys. I won't even tell you how I feel about Flav anymore, best left unsaid. But here they are again and Chuck D. (ne Carlton Ridenour, who grew up neither oppressed or poor - remember that) is still a master of wordsmanship and rage. It's all good and I urge you to support them by cd or concert whenever possible. Peace.


1. Here We Go Again (PE Tour Intro - 2007)
2. Air Conditioning
3. Who's Your Hero?
4. The Flavor Flav Show
5. Electric Slave Listen
6. Grand Theft Oil
7. Hell No, We Ain't Allright
8. Vidiot
9. Like It Is
10. Shit
11. PE Break It To P.E.aces
12. All Aboard The New Nighttrain
13. Do You Wanna Go Our Way??? (Live At The Fillmore 2002)
14. If I Gave You Soul (What Would You Do With It?)
15. Air Conditioning (Revisited)

link somewhere around here...

9 comments:

Daddy Rich said...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/wz4ao

Torso Fever said...

SECOND best hip hop album ever? I always put "It Take a Nation..." as #1. What beats it? Straight Outta Compton? Enter the Wu-Tang? He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper? (Just kidding on that last one.)

Daddy Rich said...

Actually "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" would be in my top 5 for certain, I always place "Paul's Boutique" at #1. "Straight Outta Compton" was composed of some of the best singles of the era, but the whole thing was kinda weak. Never could stomach the Wu-Tang with all their media hype. Mind you, P.E. is a close second, but 2nd nonetheless.
DaddyRich

Anonymous said...

Homie,

I went looking through all of my vinyl since you posted this and out of my 10 or so PE, I found the "You're Gonna Get Yours" 12" but the record was not there. Gloom.

Must search more...


N5-

Daddy Rich said...

Nah Mike, I believe we all know a certain (ex) crackhead who lost, stole or broke that particular piece of vinyl. It is NOT to be found as an mp3 anywhere - and I have scoured the internets. I will keep looking.
DaddyRich

Anonymous said...

Thanks daddyrich,
It's always good to hear from Chuck D.
JdB

Anonymous said...

Just my $.02...

I vote for Paul's Boutique as well.

DR, check the ebay link I sent you. I found what you're looking for.

N5-

Daddy Rich said...

I am still holding out for some kind soul who has the mp3.
DaddyRich

Anonymous said...

Thnx for Public Enemy. I found a webpage from a fan. You can listen and download a whole bunch from Chuck and his freinds.

http://www.shutemdown.com/pebtn2000.htm