Wednesday, December 20, 2006






NME Presents The Essential Bands 2005 (2 Discs)


I know it's a year old already, you don't have to tell me. But I don't have this years yet and still think this set kicks ass. I don't know how highly regarded the NME is overseas but since I first stepped foot in to an import record store and saw one, I have loved it. Although it often seems more like a rock music gossip rag - they consistently feature more of my favorite bands than any other mag I have read. And their compilations are usually top-notch, including the best of Brit-pop and other genres. This set is graced by the likes of The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Coldplay, Gorillaz and many more. Also, I promise to post the new one as soon as it is in my hot little hands. Track list is mad extensive and I am hellafied tired tonight so just read the photo of the back of the case. Peace and have fun.





links in commnts


4 comments:

Daddy Rich said...

Part 1 -

http://preview.tinyurl.com/vpvtg

Part 2 -

http://preview.tinyurl.com/y45pej

Anonymous said...

Tnx!

Disc 1
1. Kaiser Chiefs - 'I Predict A Riot'
2. Gorillaz - 'Feel Good Inc.'
3. Goldfrapp - 'Number 1'
4. Franz Ferdinand - 'Do You Want To'
5. Kasabian - 'Club Foot'
6. The Killers - 'Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine'
7. Hard-Fi - 'Living For The Weekend'
8. Bloc Party - 'Two More Years'
9. Scissor Sisters - 'Take Your Mama'
10. Babyshambles - 'Fuck Forever'
11. The Automatic - 'Recover'
12. Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Little Sister'
13. The Ordinary Boys - 'Boys Will Be Boys'
14. The Futureheads - 'Hounds Of Love'
15. The Bravery - 'Unconditional'
16. Razorlight - 'Somewhere Else'
17. The Subways - 'Oh Yeah'
18. Test Icicles - 'Circle Square Triangle'
19. Maximo Park - 'Apply Some Pressure'
20. Paul Weller - 'From The Floorboards Up'


Disc 2
1. Coldplay - 'Speed Of Sound'
2. The Magic Numbers - 'Forever Lost'
3. Oasis - 'The Importance Of Being Idle'
4. New Order - 'Waiting For The Sirens' Call'
5. Keane - 'Everybody's Changing'
6. Athlete - 'Wires'
7. Embrace - 'Ashes'
8. Snow Patrol - 'Spitting Games'
9. Turin Brakes - 'Fishing For A Dream'
10. Beck - 'E-Pro'
11. Doves - 'Black And White Town'
12. Stereophonics - 'Devil'
13. Kubb - 'Wicked Soul'
14. Super Furry Animals - 'Lazer Beam'
15. Elbow - 'Forget Myself'
16. The Tears - 'Lovers'
17. Bedouin Soundclash - 'When The Night Fills My Soul'
18. Supergrass - 'St Petersburg'
19. Feeder - 'Tumble And Fall'

Anonymous said...

personal opinion, its all commercial and cloned Indie-Pop!!

Anonymous said...

THANKS!!! THE KIDD,in LONDON,ONTARIO,CANADA.