Monday, December 11, 2006




Parliament - Mothership Connection


Oh yes. Yes indeed. DaddyRich's first funk record and what a way to get started, huh? This music can move even zombies to get on the dance floor. I have yet to meet anyone immune to the Parliament/Funkadelic groove. Their particular brand of funk is most greaty realized here on this disc and althiugh there's no rarities, demos, etc. involved (except for the puzzling inclusion of the "bonus" track), this album is an integral part of any music fan's collection. Trust me on this and thank me later.

We will return you to your regularly scheduled program as soon as you are groovin'



1. P-Funk (Wants to Get Funked Up)
2. Mothership Connection (Star Child)
3. Unfunky UFO
4. Supergroovalisticprosifunkstication
5. Handcuffs
6. Tear the Roof off the Sucker (Give up the Funk)
7. Night of the Thumpasorus Peoples
8. Star Child (Mothership Connection) (Promo Radio Version) (Bonus Track)

funky link in funky comments, ya dig?

4 comments:

Daddy Rich said...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/snvx6

Ghost Writer said...

Hey, thanks for this (and everything). I just started my own mp3 blog (I Linked to you), and my first entry has a bunch of Husker Du stuff (though you may have it all already). Anyway, if you're interested, it's here:

http://boxedsetbliss.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
John

Anonymous said...

My first was an 8 track of the Clones of Dr. Funkenstein. If any one has seen this around, I would love to hear it again.

Anonymous said...

I am impressed. Nice job on redirect. Is it OK to say that?