Wednesday, September 13, 2006



The White Strpes - Live at Maida Vale Studios (John Peel Sessions) 2001

I can not imagine a higher honor for a band with any knowledge of history than playing for John Peel. If you don't know who John Peel was please do yourself a favor and look it up at the BBC website - the man recorded damn near every band of consequence of the last 40 years. The late, great Peel was also a fan of The White Stripes which says good things about all of them - his taste in music and their songs. My personal favorites here are "Bollweevil", "You're Pretty Good Looking", "When I Hear My Name" and the cover of Dolly Parton's "Jolene". The man can thrash the guitar and she pounds the drums with skill and precision. The White Stripes are here to save rock and roll for you and I my friends.

http://rapidshare.de/files/32935376/Live_John_Peel_Sessions___Maida_Vale.zip

No comments: