Monday, September 25, 2006


Bauhaus Singles: 1979-1983, Volume 1

I have tried before on the Ape here to give some Bauhaus and it was received with great download numbers and thanks. So here I am again with a better collection. Bauhaus won't probably make many converts here - you either love them or want nothing to do with them. I happen to be a big fan of Peter Murphy's voice and songwriting. Many after him have the same smooth baritone and bizarre lyrics, but - oddly none before him. One of the most influential and accomplished bands of their time I highly recommend their records (does that show how old I am that I still refer to them as "records"?) and hear their live show are awesome spectacles - so go forth and enjoy.

link in comments.

10 comments:

Daddy Rich said...

http://tinyurl.com/jowok

Daddy Rich said...

And Volume 2 coming tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Very, very nice. Just found my way to your site via Chocoreve. Hope you continue posting things. Too bad so many of the items you posted have since become forbidden to download by RapidShare. Looks like an awfully fine selection of stuff so far, and I appreciate the commentary for the things you post. I love music, I love stories about music. Keep up the good work, and thanks for your efforts!

Zer0_II said...

Thanks once again for another great upload. Keep up the great work.

Zer0_II said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Whoops...just found out this needs a password, but there's no indication what the password is. Any help, Mr. DaddyRich? Thanks!

Daddy Rich said...

Wow, I have never out a password on my files for download - you sure you got it from here?

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Great site and STM :-)

Anonymous said...

what's the password?

Anonymous said...

I tried to extract it with the Windows application and it asked for a password. I used the freeware AlZip and it worked just fine. Just a note to future downloaders.

Great blog and great album. Thanks!