Thursday, September 07, 2006



Stone Roses - The Complete Stone Roses (1995)

Released to Americans on the eve of the break-up of this wonderful band. A perfect example of wasted opportunities and ego-overdrive, but you could never tell from listening to the music. These boys were, for me, the zenith and nadir of Manchester Music and their like has not been seen since. Would they have made it through court litigations, bankrupt record labels and inter-band strife and pulled it together? We will never know - but we have this wonderful artifact of a different time when all things seemed possible. One thing that really sticks with me is a quote from the liner notes that mentions "...the chorus to 'This Is The One' sounds like being fantastically in love" and I couldn't agree more. It starts off slow and shuffling for a few songs as they find their sound and voice but from track 3 (Sally Cinnamon) till the end it is pure bliss. Do yourself a favor and enjoy and pass it along. Soon I may post some Ian Brown (lead singer) solo work but for now this is a good starter. I have Tracy to thank for this band being brought to my attention - so thanks.
Cheers...

http://rapidshare.de/files/32329556/The_Complete_Stone_Roses.zip

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. but the self titled debut contained songs that were not included in this 'complete' stone roses compilation. brilliant tracks like 'bye bye badman' 'sugar spun sister' & 'elizabeth my dear' were left out.

Daddy Rich said...

I could not agree with you more, 'Bye Bye Badman' is among my favorites. I will be posting much more Stone Roses music in the future. Thanks for coming by.
Rich

Anonymous said...

The Stone Roses have alweays been my favourite band. The best demo song is "The Sun Still Shines" - magic!

Shaun