Monday, September 25, 2006




Happy Mondays - Pills 'N Thrills and Bellyaches


Another of the Manchester favorites (and there are a few...) and my first purchase of their catalog way back when. You see, growing up in America we had never heard of them before this and theor exposure on MTv's 120 Minutes. Oh sure, some people will claim they've been fans from the first 7" or album but there is never a shortage of those people, is there? I remember seeing the video for 'Step On' and instantly knew I had to have this album. Imagine my surprise when I found it wasn't the only good song on the record. I quite liked 'Kinky Afro', 'Bob's Yer Uncle', 'Loose Fit', 'Grandbags Funeral' and most of the others as well. I went on to own all their albums and can definitely say this is the most cohesive and best sounding. Also recommended is "24 Hour Party People" - the movie and the song. If anyone feels so inclined to ask - I could bust out some more of the Happy Mondays...

links in comments...



1 comment:

Daddy Rich said...

http://tinyurl.com/jhwtm