Friday, September 22, 2006




Bob Marley & The Wailers - Santana's Secret Tape 1975-1980

Please don't ask me how this album came by this title because I have no idea. As much as my mind would love to believe that Carlos Santana hid in a trunk during Wailers rehearsals with a tape recorder for 5 years - the cynic in me just won't buy it. What we do have here is some wondeful and ultra-rare versions of a bunch of their greatest songs. Live versions of 'Rebel Music' & 'Waiting In Vain' that whet the appetite for the true rarities including an alternate version of 'Real Situation' and Dub Takes of 'One Love' , 'Keep On Moving' and 'Buffalo Soldier'. Others greats round out the set and I defy you to find better Bob Marley & The Wailers bootlegs anywhere (well, I defy you and then I beg you to send me a link). This one is good for your soul so listen in and unwind.

1. Keep On Moving (Dub Take 1)
2. Keep On Moving (Dub Take 2)
3. Waiting In Vain (Live)
4. Rebel Music (Live)
5. Instrumental
6. Revolution (Take 1)
7. Revolution (Take 2)
8. Pimpers Paradise (Dub)
9. So Much Trouble (Instrumental)
10. Forever Loving Jah (Instrumental)
11. Bad Card (Version)
12. Real Situation (Alternate)
13. Crisis (Version)
14. Buffalo Soldier (Dub)
15. Rebel Music (Instrumental Take 3)
16. Buffalo Soldier (Dub Mix 2)
17. One Love (Dub Take 2)
18. One Love (Dub Take 3)

You know where the links are, right?


2 comments:

Daddy Rich said...

http://tinyurl.com/zjkeg

Celia Belle said...

thanks