Friday, September 29, 2006




Husker Du - Greatest Hits


I didn't even know this album existed until last week and it has saved me the time of making my own compilation for you. I wasn't on the first wave of Husker Du fans and I can't realy explain it, I came to listen to them on the eve of their break-up. Of course, since listening I have completed my back catalog and have pretty much everything they recorded in the studio (live bootlegs are prety sketchy on quality). I am no fan of the Grant Hart songs because all the best songs I remember had Bob Mould singing. I didn't begin to realize until 'Warehouse: Songs & Stories' how incredibly talented Mr. Mould is as a singer/song writer & guitar wizard. Many people have only heard of Husker Du and haven't had the pleasure of truly hearing them so here is the chance for everyone to get in on the goodness.


link in comments

6 comments:

Daddy Rich said...

http://tinyurl.com/gcq4l

Anonymous said...

Are you sure this 'Best Of' (rather than 'Greatest Hits') album really exists? Issued by which record company (as it contains both Warner and SST material)? I can't find anything about it. Don't you think this could be just someone's own private Hüsker Dü compilation?

Daddy Rich said...

It certainly could be but it contained much of what I would have put on the comp. I was planning.

Anonymous said...

When THE LIVING END live Husker CD was issued, Warner Brothers put together a best of promo-only of SST and Warner stuff. It's a great collection and it has a never released live version of "Hare Krishna" on it to boot. So get booting!
I was lucky enough to get a copy of the promo when it came out and I treasure it.

Daddy Rich said...

Well, Vaughn - could you please share for those of us less fortunate?

John said...

I've got the Warners promo as well, and pretty much every studio b-side/bootleg/rarity in existence. Anything you're lacking? I'd be happy to send you a list.