Saturday, September 09, 2006



Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life (Disc 1) (1976)

Could any more be said about the greatness of Stevie? The first disc of this album contains not one stinker. How many discs are thoroughly good, top to bottom? This one here folks. 'Love's In Need of Love Today', 'Village Ghettoland', 'Pastime Paradise' (damn Coolio butchered that track) and "Have A Talk With God' - these are all so good that it boggles the mind to belive that one (blind) man wrote these and played ALL the instruments on the songs. Not even mentioning the solid 'Sir Duke' that has the horn riff that I recall as one of my earliest memories (Dad was a hip music listener) and foremost 'Knocks Me Off My Feet' that always makes me think of Tasha. Spread the love y'all.

http://rapidshare.de/files/32314909/Songs_in_the_Key_of_Life__Disc_1_.zip

p.s. I like disc 2 well enough but not as much, anyone needs it, let me know and I will hook you up.

By popular demand - here is disc 2.

http://rapidshare.de/files/33094052/Songs_In_The_Key_Of_Life__Disc_2_.zip

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I sold these in desperation in the 90's and have regretted it since. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

please the second disk!
joan

Daddy Rich said...

Okay Joan, the second will be upped this week. Thanks for coming.
Rich

Anonymous said...

you're great!
joan

Alannah said...

I want to make a Broadway musical about Stevie Wonder's life.

Ryan Garou said...

wanted to hear this album for awhile now - thanks much for uploading