Friday, January 05, 2007






Flaming Lips - Live 1996


This is just great and it takes me back to when I first heard them. Ahhhh, the old days (not necessarily the 'good' old days but they were about to get better...) and then I heard 'She Don't Use Jelly' on KROQ out here in SoCal. It could so easily have been a novelty hit but there seemed to be a bit of genius behind what had been dismissed as kitsch. Listening to 'Bad Days' proves that they were no accident. The whole idea of 'You Have To Sleep Late When You Can/And All Your Bad Days Will End" really appealed to me, being the great lover of sleep that I am. I do not know where these recordings are from but they are some of the few live Lips recordings I have so far. And I was too slow at the BigO to get the live tunes that were released with the 'Fearless Freaks' dvd. Starngely enough I have all their studio albums and a few rarities and it just does not seem enough. I will keep looking and until then listen to 'Bad Days' and sing with DaddyRich "...You Hate Your Boss At Your Job..."



1. Turn It On
2. Bad Days
3. Superhumans
4. Moth In The Incubator
5. She Don't Use Jelly
6. Chewin The Apple Of Your Eye


link in comments

4 comments:

Daddy Rich said...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ycnjq3

Anonymous said...

Hello, happy new year and thanx for the the music you post which is always rare and great.
Did you stop posting "The Greensleeves 12 " Collection " ?

Daddy Rich said...

More Greensleeves coming tomorrow, I promise. Just got sidetracked.
DaddyRich

Anonymous said...

GRATITUDE IS A LONG AND MAYBE TO SOME A DIFFICULT WORD TO SPELL BUT THANKS IS A LITTLE WORD AND EASY TO SPELL, SO WITH A LOT OF GRATITUDE HERE'S A LITTLE THANKS. CHEERS