Wednesday, January 24, 2007





Counting Crows - Live 1994



Here's a semi-oldie from a band, and the greatest period of their work, that DaddyRich admires greatly. I can still recall picking up a music magazine in 1993 and reading an article about this band and the recrding of their first album. It mentioned about them being very accomplished musiciand and their lead singet had a knack for Van Morrison-esque flights of voice and I really didn't need to read much more before I was on the hunt for the disc. When it came out I was surely not disappointed and truly enjoyed it. Even since then it has been played quite often, although I seemed to lose interest with each succeeding release I still have a great respect for them and they seem one of the band du jour's to not admit that one likes. But we all know Daddy is above all that. So I hope a few will be pleased to see this and grab this one and enjoy it. It also contains at the tail end alternate versions for two of my favorite songs of theirs, 'Anna Begins' and 'Round Here' - enjoy the goodness, children.



links in comments


8 comments:

Daddy Rich said...

Part 1 -

http://preview.tinyurl.com/225ylh

Part 2 -

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2az8xa

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the counting crows concert, this site is one of the best there is

Anonymous said...

Amen to that. Good concert... any idea the specifics? Where exactly in the USA?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rich, another great post.
Gracias, amigo.
Mahou.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, the Counting Crows are so fucking bad. At least now they are. Props for posting a show from back when they were sorta ok, but do you seriously still respect them after "American Girls" and other such recent atrocities?

I don't mean to be so negative, I was just forced to listen to a lot of Crows (Sheryl and Counting) at my old job. It was not fun. Love the site though! Most of your posts are fantastic, thank you.

Michael Krahn said...

Hey,

I just put the second of 5 parts about Counting Crows up on my blog.

Found you through Google blog search because you mentioned Adam.

Check it out:

http://krahn.blogspot.com/

Michael Krahn said...

Hey,

I just finished the 5 part series about Counting Crows.

I'm sure you'd enjoy it:

http://krahn.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave a comment.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Your site is the best. Unfortunately, these links are dead. Any chance you can re-up this (potentially) amazing album?