Tuesday, April 17, 2007




John Lennon - Let's Have A Party (Early 1970's)



It's been a long while since I posted any Beatle-related rarities, so here I go again. Sound quality is not anywhere near top-notch, but we get these to have them and not so much to play them every day at top volume, right? Since Beatle John is my favorite (a close tie for him and George) I am always seeking the rare and obscure. And what a selection of songs here for us to revel in - Lennon Solo, Beatle songs and covers. Guaranteed to make your bootleg collection shine just a little bit brighter for having it.

Heed the back cover caveat "The songs were all recorded live at a house party in the early 1970s and amateur equipment was used."






1. Tell Me What I Say
2. Yellow Submarine
3. Old Smokey Mountain
4. Good Night Irene
5. He's Got The Whole World
6. Like A Rolling Stone / Twist And Shout / Louie Louie / La Bamba
7. Bring It On Home To Me
8. Yesterday
9. Dance For The Chicken
10. Power To The People
11. Maybe Baybe
12. Peggy Sue
13. My Baby Left Me
14. Blue Suede Shoes
15. Crippled Inside
16. Give Peace A Chance
17. Crippled Inside
18. Uncle Albert







4 comments:

Daddy Rich said...

http://tinyurl.com/2xmlcj

Dan said...

Thanks! Previously I only had a 20 minute clip of this.

This is recorded at the Hotel Syracuse on 9th October 1971 on John Lennon's 31st birthday.

As well as Lennon, Ono & Ringo, others present are said to be Ginsberg, Clapton, Phil Spector, Neil Aspinall & Mal Evans.

Daddy Rich said...

Thanks Dan, I always appreciate further clarification. Glad I could help out in some way with the music.
DaddyRich

doowopken said...

Thanks daddyrich, much appreciated.